Monday, March 30, 2015

New "Fun" items for my Online Courses

New "Fun" items for my Online Courses

I was watching Headline News this weekend when the following mobile apps were introduced.  I immediately thought of how I can incorporate them into my courses.  The first one I did was Bitmoji for Messenger it allows you to make your own avatar.  Then there are sayings that can go with it.  I always wanted to put birthday greetings in my courses so I chose a Happy Birthday image and put it into my courses.
Then I did a ditty on my epiphany about "Blogs"using Ditty.  That I want to use later on for other key messages that I will have in my courses (ex. plagiarism, citing sources, searching, time management, goal setting, etc.)
Finally I used Giphy to find an animated gif to get across a feeling or idea quickly and with humour.  Click on the penguin below for some motivation.


I think "dipping into the river from time to time" with these additions will help make my courses fun, personable and interesting.  The greatest lesson I learned from this course is that you don't have to drink the whole river just enjoy it and take advantage of the tools a little bit at a time.  If I had to pass this lesson on to my students I would say "You don't have to eat the whole moose all at once as that is not enjoyable or SAFE....lol   #fun online course #interesting LMS #ditty #ping tank #giphy #bitmoji


No comments:

Post a Comment